Tuesday, June 17, 2008

When I got home today...



I saw a cord running across the garage floor that was not there this morning.



Huh, why would there be a cord running into our Explorer?



Wait, is that what I think it is?



It would appear that our vehicle is being used as a nap prolonger. The things we do to keep our toddler child asleep. I'm told he slept the entire way home (from the doctor's office where he got 3 shots) and for an additional hour and twenty minutes once he was home. That is a win, win, win, if you ask me. Now with gas at $4.00/gallon, 1 hour 20 minutes of idling makes for one expensive nap. I tried to get him to go back in the car seat to complete the visualization in the picture, but he went all stiffy squirrel on me. I know we're not the only parents to have done this.

5 comments:

Plank said...

Please, please, please just don't close the garage door when the car's running.

Anonymous said...

the garage door was open, right?

Trevor said...

YES, the garage door was open, as was the side door to give it some cross-ventilation.

Anonymous said...

I must admit that the nurse in me also made me think about the status of the garage door....open vs.shut.....then I came to my senses and realized that Kathy would never put Luke in the car with it running and the door shut :) I do agree that when it comes to toddlerhood, one will do almost ANYTHING to keep them sleeping a little longer!!!!

Michael Lombard said...

Hey, is that the cooler that you borrowed from me like 5 years ago? Ditto on the garage door being open.

p.s. I'll be in PC next week, Tuesday night to Friday morning.